This Cajun Lee Blackened Catfish (fish) Recipe posted below. I was looking for something to do with my catfish besides frying it. This recipe will not disappoint you.
Ingredients for blackened seasoning:
- 2 Tbsp and 2 Tsp Cajun Lee Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp sweet Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp dry thyme ½
- 1/Tsp dry oregano
Directions for Blackened Fish:
- Preheat a cast iron skillet to medium high.
- Add clarified butter or any other oil that can handle high heat (peanut, vegetable, peanut).
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Cover both sides of catfish with the seasoning mix and place in skillet.
- Cook on one side for 4 minutes and turn when cooked halfway through.
- Cook for another 4 minutes on the other side