Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups chopped large pieces green cabbage (about half of a medium sized head)
- 4 cups (32 oz.) low-sodium beef broth
- 3 cups (24 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrots (leave a few large pieces)
- 1/2 cup uncooked (white or brown) medium grain rice
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/8 tsp. Cajun Lee Spice Blend seasoning or to your taste
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- In a large soup pot, add the beef and place over medium-high heat. Break it apart with a wooden spoon.
- Add the garlic. Stir and cook 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage, beef broth, tomato sauce, carrots, rice, bay leaves, brown sugar, Cajun Lee Spice Blend seasoning, oregano.
- Bring to a boil. ...
- Remove the pot from the heat.